Helping You Obtain Your Social Security Disability Benefits
At Murphy & Garner, we have the proven skill and experience to deal with the bureaucracy and red tape involved in filing for benefits after a disabling injury, illness or severe or fatal accident.
We can help you with the following types of federal benefits:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI): Income benefits provided to physically or mentally disabled individuals or terminally ill individuals who have worked sufficient quarters (paying into the Social Security system through payroll taxes) prior to becoming disabled or terminally ill
- Survivors’ benefits: Income benefits provided to certain family members of an individual who has died and worked sufficient years prior to death (paying into the Social Security system through payroll taxes)
If you were disabled in an accident or because of an illness, we are here to help you get the care and support you need to make the most out of life. Contact us today to receive a free consultation with an experienced Bremen, Georgia, Social Security Disability attorney.
What To Do When Your Social Security Disability Claim Is Denied
You are not alone. Over 60 percent of initial claims for Social Security Disability benefits are denied. At Murphy & Garner, we help our clients make a compelling argument as to why the government should reconsider and approve the claim.
If we can document your claim well enough, you may not even need to have a hearing. We make the doctor’s job easier by helping to gather the medical documentation that the government needs to see to approve your SSD claim. Learn more about the SSD appellate process.
We have extensive experience in helping disabled people in west Georgia and east Alabama get the Social Security Disability benefits they need and deserve for a serious injury, illness or disabling condition, including:
- Severe back injury resulting in spinal surgeries, including fusions
- Neck injury resulting in pain, limited mobility or surgery
- Degenerative disc disease
- Chronic pain
- Paralysis, paraplegia and quadriplegia
- Fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain syndrome
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Heart attack, stroke and serious heart conditions
- Post-surgical complications resulting in long-term or permanent disability
- Foot and leg injuries or conditions which limit your ability to stand or walk
- Depression, anxiety attacks, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), bipolar disorder and other psychological conditions
Contact Us Today
Attorney Stephen Garner is a member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives (NOSSCR) and has the skills and credentials to protect your right to the benefits you need. Contact us today for a free consultation by calling 678-563-1584,
Warning: In Georgia, your Social Security Disability benefits may be offset or reduced by your receipt of workers’ compensation benefits. The combined benefits from these sources cannot exceed 80 percent of your average income before your injury put you out of work. To the extent these combined benefits may exceed this 80 percent limit, your Social Security may be reduced. Only an experienced lawyer can help you pursue real options, such as settling the workers’ compensation case with specific language prorating benefits over your lifetime to eliminate or decrease this offset or reduction.
Stephen E. Garner is only licensed to practice law in the state of Georgia (he is not licensed to practice law in the state of Alabama). However, if Alabama residents have accidents in Georgia, have claims against Georgia residents or Georgia companies, a Georgia attorney may be able to pursue the claim on their behalf. He is authorized to handle Social Security claims on behalf of Alabama residents.