What To Do After An Auto Accident
There are important steps that can alleviate a significant amount of stress in the aftermath of an automobile accident and can better your chances for receiving fair compensation from the insurance company. At the Bremen, Georgia, law office of Murphy & Garner, LLC, we are dedicated to helping clients recover following a serious auto accident. To put more than 32 years of experience on your side, contact a Haralson and Carroll County car accident lawyer at our firm by calling 678-563-1584. We offer a free consultation and case evaluation.
Important Tips Following A Car Accident
- If you are injured, seek prompt medical attention: Even if you are unsure of how your medical bills will ultimately be paid, it is important to seek proper medical attention when you are injured in a car crash. Our attorney can also assist you in selecting reputable medical specialists in the area.
- Collect driver and witness information: Obtaining contact information from everyone at the accident scene can assist your attorney in knowing who to contact when investigating your case. Memories fade quickly, so we move quickly to ask questions and depose these individuals. Talking with all witnesses enables us to gain a clearer picture of the accident than what may be documented in the police report.
- Take pictures: Documenting the car accident and injuries through taking pictures can make a significant difference in your case. It is important to take pictures of the accident scene, the vehicle damage, your visible injuries, road conditions and any other components of the accident scene. Taking these photos right away creates evidence that documents the extent of your visible injuries, visible damage to the vehicle and other pertinent information — at the time of the crash (or shortly thereafter).
- Don’t make statements about the accident: Auto insurance company representatives, commercial trucking company representatives and other representatives of liable individuals or companies are trained to do everything possible to minimize the amount of money paid out on personal injury and wrongful death claims. It is important to understand that their representatives are not on your side, even if they may come off sounding as though they care about your situation. The truth is that your words can be twisted and you may unintentionally make a statement that harms your auto accident case. Therefore, before talking with the insurance company, talk with an experienced car accident attorney.
- Talk to an attorney: Discuss any personal injury settlement offers with a lawyer before signing — or you may give up your right to receive the maximum compensation you deserve. A personal injury lawyer can ensure you are not being taken advantage of by the insurance company. Also, talking with an experienced lawyer right away greatly enhances your attorney’s ability to investigate your auto accident case and prepare your claim — enhancing your chances for recovering the full compensation to which you are entitled.
Contact Our Haralson And Carroll County Car Accident Attorneys
If you have been injured in a car crash, drunk driving accident, hit-and-run accident or other motor vehicle accident in Haralson County, Carroll County or the surrounding communities, trust in the experience, compassion and integrity of our personal injury attorney at Murphy & Garner, LLC. Contact our Bremen law firm to arrange a free initial consultation by calling 678-563-1584.
Stephen E. Garner is only licensed to practice law in the state of Georgia (he is not licensed to practice law in the state of Alabama). However, if Alabama residents have accidents in Georgia, have claims against Georgia residents or Georgia companies, a Georgia attorney may be able to pursue the claim on their behalf. He is authorized to handle Social Security claims on behalf of Alabama residents.